Friday, July 18, 2008

Wishing You the Best

During my daily blurfing aka. surfing all the blogs I follow - I ran across Michelle's pocket card. I haven't done one in a while, and felt inspired!
The pocket part is easy enough, you can use whatever dimensions you like. Basically you need a long skinny piece. Your typical 4.25x11" size works well. Fold it in half, then fold down one edge to make the front flap. You may want to trim the flap a bit as well. You can adhere the sides of the pocket with redline tape, and/or use brads to hold it closed.

Then trim a piece of cardstock to fit in the pocket. I like it to be shorter than the back of the pocket, but as wide as possible. I added a strip of carstock to the top of the card, and then a round punch tab and an eyelet.

TIP: To hide the ugly back of the eyelet, I punched through all the layers of the cardstock, and then set the eyelet through all but the last (back) layer. Then I adhered that layer, hiding the smushed backside of the eyelet.

Then decorate! I used a page from the SU catalogue for my colour inspiration, but I didn't have any DSP to go with it. Look how easy it is to creat your own! I used coordinating ink and my once-lost Inkadinkadoo circle stamps.

I also made a multi-layered medallion. Like the orange punched shape? You probably already have the tool to do it! I'll show you how in my next post...this one is getting a little long ;)

I left the tab and the main body of the card blank, so I can customize this card when I use it. I'm thinking it would make a good birthday card for my brother, so I can always stamp "favourite brother" on the tab (the joke is that he's my only brother!)

Stamps: Riveting, Circles and Dots (Inkadinkadoo)
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Soft Sky (incl. textured), Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Scallop, 1/2" circle, 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circle, corner rounder, and round tab punches, Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Bashful Blue brads; dark blue eyelet (unknown)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very nice Jessica! I'm glad that I inspired you! Isn't that the wonderful thing about blogs? I love the bright colors you used. Wonderful card.