Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My version of JJS002

Well, this is the card that almost wasn't. I had issues from the start, but decided to just work through them.

This card is based on JJS002, my second attempt at a card sketch. Due to the aforementioned issues, I flipped the sketch over.

The butterfly image is from when I was playing with the thumping and huffing technique. I coloured it in with Pure Colour pencils.

The little rounded shape peeking from the side of the handmade paper was made with the round tab punch (I don't have it, but I bought a big stack of pre-punched cardstock).

The mini brads at the base of the butterfly are attached on little circles of Blush Blossom (you'll have to click on the photo to see the larger size).

I sponged all the layers to distress it a bit. The ribbon goes through two small slits on the spine of the card, and the ends are hidden by more handmade paper on the inside. Whenever you use a dark colour as your card base, you'll want to add a lighter coloured layer on the inside, so you're able to see what you write!

Stamps: Vases in Vogue, Linen (SU); Butterfly (unknown)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brilliant Blue, Blush Blossom (SU); handmade paper (from Costco)
Ink: Basic Brown (SU)
Accessories: Pure Color Pencils (SU); markers (Marvy), Cropodile, mini brads, ribbon (unknown)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did it! check it out

Thanks for the sketch!