Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hey Chickie

You know when you make a card, and you think it's going great, and then you take a photo and upload it, and realize that it just doesn't look how you thought?

Yeah, this is one of those cards.
I think it's the Cuttlebug smoosh technique that's throwing it off. The ink is a bit uneven. Darn brayer!

Anyway, this is for another challenge from the Papertrey Ink blog: make a card for your best friend. I'm lucky to have several close friends, but I've known my bestest friend for 21 years. We've been through a LOT together. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog, so it should be a surprise (her birthday is in March). The best part is that her nickname is Chickie (or Bird) so this card is perfect!

Aside from the CB smoosh, I tapped the bird stamps with different colours to make the birds pretty. I thought the eyes needed some glittery eyeshadow, and then the feathers of course. A load of bling finishes it off.

Stamps: Bird Assortment (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Whisper White, Gable Green (SU)
Ink: Dark Peony, Lime Pastel, Creamy Brown, Blue Lagoon (ColorBox)
Accessories: scalloped edge punch, rhinestone brads (SU), Birds & Swirls embossing folder, CB (Provocraft), brayer (Speedball), rhinestones (Kaiser), Stickles (Ranger), ribbon (Michael's)

1 comment:

care_bear said...

Cute! I love the birds...