Monday, October 13, 2008

Glitter Angel

This card is for the Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge #1 and Mojo Madness week #56.


I started with a sheet of the pretty Winter Wonderland paper. I pierced opposite corners, and used my Spica glitter pen to add faux stitching.

For the circle, I used the Cuttlebug "smoosh" technique, which is very easy. Choose an ink that will not stain the folder (SU dye inks are perfect) and rub the ink on the top inside of the folder (the side with the logo on it). Carefully place your paper, and run it through the Cuttlebug. Take it out, and quickly clean your folder. Then admire the results! I love how it looks. I used Going Grey on my Snowflakes folder.

Unfortunately, I don't have any nesties, so I used a ribbon roll as a template for the circle, and just cut it with scissors. I also edged it with the Going Grey, to define the circle shape. I used my two-way glitter glue to add Dazzling Diamonds glitter to various snowflakes.

I wraped some irridescent elastic cording around the two layers, and secured it all to a white cardstock base.

For the main image, I inked the angel in Versamark, and then Certainly Celery. Once I stamped her on white cardstock, I added silver pearl embossing powder, and heated with my heat gun. I edged it with more Going Grey, then mounted on some sage-ish cardstock -also edged with Going Grey.

Finally, I snipped the back legs off of a snowflake brad, and intertwined it with the cording.

I decided that I could go sentiment free, as the card is obviously for Christmas. I'll add an appropriate sentiment to the inside, of course.

I had a hard time capturing the glitter of the card, but if you click on it, you can see a larger image. I think it's really quite pretty in real life :)

Stamps: Silhouette Angel (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Whisper White (SU), pp (Memory Block), sage cardstock (unknown)
Ink: Certainly Celery, Going Grey
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds (SU), Spica glitter pen (Copic), paper piercer (Making Memories), Versamark (Tsukineko), Snowflakes CB embossing folder, CB (Provocraft), heat tool (Marvy Uchida), silver pearl embossing powder, brads, elastic cord (unknown)
Techniques: Cuttlebug smooshing, heat embossing, faux stitching, paper piercing

5 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I love your colours and the angel.
Sharon

Unknown said...

Jessica, what a gorgeous card! I have that stamp and haven't used it yet. But you HAVE inspired me to ink her up! Simply beautiful with just the perfect touch of sparkle.

Thanks so much for playing along with our first Stamper's Dream challenge! :-)

Rebecca said...

Your colors together look so pretty! And I like how you attached your snowflake. Great card.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card! Love your SMOOSH background. Thanks for playing! :)

Kathryn said...

GORGEOUS -- WOW -- love that color and the image is so pretty! :)