Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You've got to know when to hold 'em

...know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away, and know when to run...

Yes, I have The Gambler running through my head. The reason? Tonight's card went in the wrong direction. And it isn't a good one :(

To distract you, here are a couple photos of my little stamper. She just turned three, and (big surprise) LOVES my crafts room. Does this count as one of my crafts room photos? ;)



I set out tonight to create a card for Amy's Friday Sketch #45. I saw a great opportunity to use a very neglected stamp, and also some of my prized Basic Grey paper.

Alright, I guess I can't delay this any longer. Here's the card.
I think I lost it when I started distressing the edges with the ink. I went a bit overboard on the Old Olive layer, and then I couldn't get the bow to work, and the whole thing just bugs me now. Oh, I'm also upset that you can't see the images on the vertical patterned paper layer (Deciduous from the Basic Grey Mellow line - LOVE IT!)

I thought I'd do something different, and used the debossed side of the Old Olive layer. It's hard to see in the photo, but I like how it looks in real life.

Anyhoo, here are the deets:

Stamps: The World Over (SU)
Paper: Chocolate Chip. Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla cardstock (SU), patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip PolyTwill ribbon, felt flowers, brads (SU), Floral Screen embossing folder, CB (Provocraft), pencil crayons (Media), brown felt flower, brads (unknown)

3 comments:

AmyR said...

Cute card!! Thanks for playing along!! :D

care_bear said...

Chloe is TOO CUTE!!!! That is not how Markus looks in my craft room!
I LOVE the old olive layer, the whole card is great but that layer is my favorite. I want to see what Chloe created...

Libby Hickson said...

What a cutie! Too bad she and my Carter can't get together to do some stamping! :-)