Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Little Pastel Birdie

And now for something completely different...

I don't use all pastel colours often, but decided to use some K&Co papers I bought ages ago and have yet to use (part of a New Year resolution!)

Gina K has a paper piercing challenge (GINAKJAN2) -- I combined that with the Jacksonbelle Embellishments challenge #3 (JBENYE3), which was to make a card reflecting a resolution (or to use neglected supplies).(click to see a larger view - it's a bit blurry, but it's the best I could do at 1:30 am!)

I managed to do both! The patterned paper and ribbon are both from my stash, and the sewing represents another of my resolutions - to put my new sewing machine to good use! I have to send a huge thanks to Jody at Confessions of a Ribbon Addict - she has a great tutorial series about sewing on cards. I read them all, and put them to good use! I went a bit crazy with the sewing on this card, but boy, is it fun (and easy!)

The tent topper card layout was inspired by these cards on Michelle's blog, Mish Mash.

I put my Cuttlebug to good use for this card. I cut and embossed both the circle and scalloped circle, and also put the first cut in my Sliders dies from Provocraft - you'll be seeing those often!

Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me (SU)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, Pale Plum (SU), patterned paper (K&Company)
Ink: Basic Brown (SU)
Accessories: 1" square punch, Close to Cocoa marker (SU), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Sliders die, CB (Provocraft), ribbon (unknown)

1 comment:

D said...

these are fantastic! and the birdie card is perfect for a gal like me... under the weather!

was nice visiting your blog.