Thursday, January 1, 2009

Birthday Dress

As I was surfing the blogs today, I saw a peek for Amy R's new stamp set, and was inspired by the dress on Amy's first card. I also wanted to create a card for the Jacksonbelle Embellishments challenge, so I went with #4, which is to create a birthday card (JBENYE4).
I distressed the twine by unwinding it. The sentiment is embossed with clear powder, as I was worried it wouldn't stand out enough. I'm always wary about stamping directly on patterned paper! To add dimension, I popped the bottom of each layer.

ps. The layers aren't crooked, apparently it's just my head when I attempt to take a photo!

Stamps: Smells Like Cake (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: Cameo Coral cardstock, Linen Prints DSP (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Scalloped Edge punch, polytwill ribbon, hemp twine (SU), clear button (Making Memories), flower (Prima), D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, CB (Provocraft), clear embossing powder (Ranger), heat gun (Marvy Uchida), felt flower (unknown)

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Crazy beautiful! My cards really are simple compared to yours!