Sunday, April 6, 2008

The early bird catches the worm

My lss (local scrapbooking store) moved to a larger space, and had their grand re-opening on Saturday. My friend Carrie and I arrived about 10 minutes before they opened, and we were about 50th in line!

They had some pretty good specials, and it was nuts in there. I did manage to pick up quite a few things, all 40-50% off! My two favourite purchases are these two acrylic stamp sets, both are by Inkadinkado. I just LOVE the bird set! So much so, that I promptly got home, and made a card:

Can you tell that the owl is stamped on pp? I love the subtle effect! All pp, carstock, and ink is from SU. The stamps are from the two Inkadinkado sets above. The top half isn't pp, it's cardstock with a circle stamp. I edged all the paper (except the owl) in brown as well. And finally ordered some stamping sponges, as I can't get the right look with just dragging.

It's hard to tell, but the white images are embossed with clear powder. Oh, and I thought it would be good to put a dot of white (Sakura glaze pen) in each eye, but now I don't think I like it :(

Ooh, and I read a great little tip on SCS: use your stamp set rubber trimmings instead of dimensionals! You just pull the rubber off of the foam, pull the backing off the other side of the foam, and it's perfect! It's actually a wee bit higher than dimensionals, but I like it!

One thing I realized is that I'm not too handy with the SU white craft ink. That, or it doesn't work as well on acrylic stamps. It turned out "blotchy".

Anyway, the card was for anther H! challenge. This week the challenge was to create a monochromatic card, with black and white allowed for accents.

No comments: