Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This card is cukoo!

I was playing with the z-fold card, after seeing it demoed on Scraptime. I needed an idea for a card swap, and wanted to give this style a whirl.

I'm happy with how it turned out, although my colouring leaves something to be desired :p

The little birdie is form SU's Very Punny. I stamped him with black Staz-On. He normally has "Chirp Up" underneath his feet, so I added the "party" word from SU's Everyday Flexible Phrases set, using SU's Blue Bayou ink.

I coloured in the bird with SU's metallic pencils and the Pure Color pencils, then softened it all with baby oil. I punched out the bird, dragged the edges in Blue Bayou, then punched out a yellow background and popped them up on some dimensionals.

The right side of the card looked to plain, so I stamped it in Versamark with the background stamp from SU's Polka Dots & Paisley. Then I added extra glue on the big dots, and sprinkled on some of SU's Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The card is one of those pre-scored ones you can buy at Michaels, the cardstock and patterned paper is unknown.

Once I decided on my design, the card came together very quickly.

Here's how it looks standing up. I cut out one of the flowers from the pp, and put it on the inside of the card, just to add more interest.

The colours (and the bird) give it an Easter-y feel, non? I'm going to give it to my friend, who is turning 32 next week. I used to call her "Chickee", so it's very appropriate ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE. IT.

Ms. Crafty If You're Nasty said...

whoa, that's really great...

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty Jes!