Monday, March 31, 2008

Going in circles

This layout was for a challenge on Scrapfriends, where we had to use at least two metal rimmed tags. I went with a circle theme here, obviously ;)

I used a bowl lid to trace the largest circle, and a CD for the smaller one.

I coloured the rims of the metal tags with Staz-on, and then filled them in with paper and a sticker for one, and a chipboard letter for the other.

There's also some rub-ons, small gems, more stickers, a meta
l rim sticker, brad, a Marvy Le Plume II marker, and white Sakura glaze pen (for the dots on the 'C').

The journalling:
"March 30, 2008 - As I finished this layout, which took much longer than anticipated (due to some defective embellishments), I was happy with how it turned out. Then I realized that I had titled the page "Ten Months" in error! Thankfully, the circles were easily moved, and I was able to redo it."

Yup, that's right. I put the wrong title! I was just about in tears, and decided to journal around the circles, explaining the error. I liked how it looked with the journalling, but the title bothered me too much. Good think the adhesive I used didn't work very well, and I was able to pull up the circles, and put them on another background! I wanted to keep the l
ook of the journalling, so I explained the history of the layout.

Oh, and the adhesive issue pushed me over the edge, and I caved and ordered one of these.

It's a tape dispenser gun, and it's all the rage on SCS. Apparently it's easy to use, even though it looks like a packing tape gun! It's made for use in the framing industry, but has been adopted by paper crafters.

Here's the deets:
Specifically designed for use with 1/4" Scotch ATG Tapes. Makes applying fillets, laying multi-opening mattes and working with small wooden frames simple. Other features include a gear system that helps prevent gum-up, easier loading and a transparent cover - so you know when it's time to refill!

No comments: