Sunday, October 19, 2008

My first attempt at JJSC003

I saw the idea for this card on another blog, but for the life of me, I can't remember which one! If you know, please leave me a comment with the blog!

Anyway, this is my first attempt at JJSC003. This card should be subtitled "Stuff I never use".

Anyhoo, I just smooshed my spectrum pad on the paper, waited for it to dry (it's pigment ink) and then stamped the solid black stamp on top. Oh, you'll notice I haven't used my spectrum pad in a while. The purple and pink colours have dried out :(

But wait, that's not black ink! The stamps is actually a foam stamp, and ink doesn't work that well with foam, so I hauled out my black paint (thanks to Leanne for the suggestion - I don't use my paint very often, which was obvious when I opened the paint...it was all separated and gross...). I used a foam brush to spread the paint on the stamp, and voila!

Once the paint was dry, I covered the presents with Crystal Effects. Three star brads (first time using those, I think) and a quick sentiment from Everyday Flexible Phrases (also not in heavy rotation here in the craft-o-rama room), and it's done!

It didn't quite turn out how I planned, but I like it.

ps. Leanne stayed over last night, and we put the spare table in the crafts room to good use. She brought several suitcases of her stuff, and we stayed up all night drinking beer, eating sour candies, and crafting! I made four cards (all for JJSC003), and convinced Leanne to start her own blog. We sat side-by-side for a couple hours today, each with our laptop, typing away. Yes, she'll be a true computer geek before long. Come to the darkside, we have Stickles and wireless internet!

Stamps: Everyday Flexible Phrases (SU), Birthday (Scrapworks)
Paper: Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Basic Black (SU), Tropical Spectrum (ColorBox)
Accessories: Crystal Effects (SU), brads (Making Memories), black paint (Aleene's)

No comments: