Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another sketch challenge, WITH BLOG CANDY!

I was thinking of this as I drove home today (it was a slow line-up to get to the bridge!) and decided to make it a sketch challenge.
Yes, it's that plain. I challenge you to make a card with ZERO layers. Just the cardstock base, three embellishments, and ink. It must also include a sentiment.

No ribbon, no patterned paper, just a nice, simple card. So how can you add texture and interest? Well, the three embellishments don't have to be brads. You can add layers to your embelishments, as long as it isn't paper. Try something different. I say glitter or embossing don't count as a layer, so they're okay too.

Of course, you can't have a challenge without a reward! For each card you create for this challenge, I will enter your name in a draw for a little something sweet.

Autumn is definitely here in the Lower Mainland, and that means that Winter is on the way! (ps. only 69 days until Christmas!!!)

Here's a little bit of both seasons, represented by various embellishments. You'll see my latest find: metal arrows with brads. Love 'em! It was a tough choice to include them, but I have another two unopened packs for myself ;)
To be entered in the draw, post your card on your blog, and leave me a comment with the link.

If you don't have a blog, email me your card, and I'll post it here. Or use this as an excuse to start your own blog! (cough...Leanne...cough)

This challenge can be harder than it looks, so I'll give you all until next Sunday, at midnight (Pacific time).

BONUS: Add a post about this challenge on your blog, and I'll give you two extra entries in the draw! Just mention in your comment here if you've done it.

I've already got two cards in the works for this sketch, and I hope to do a few more. I'll post them as I finish them over the next week.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Here's the card I made especially for your blog candy! I also posted a link to your challenge on my site.

http://craftyauntie.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-second-blog-candy-entry.html

Unknown said...

I did it! It's not the best card I've ever made, and I was thinking of others to make, I just don't know if I'll be able to get them made before the deadline (seeing as I'll be out of town until Sunday evening).

Without further ado... my entry! (scroll to the bottom of the post).

Emily said...

This is probably the whitest card I've ever done, and the one with the most glitter :P

Voila!