Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thanks for {owl} you do

This card is for this week's SFYTT sketch as well as Ted's Mother's Day challenge (a card with no flowers or pink/purple). I wanted to use PTI stamps for this card (to better tie into Ted's challenge), but didn't have any that really worked.

The colour restrictions were easy - my mom LOVES green, so I went with an earthtones palette. I used a sheet of DSP from the Welcome Neighbor pad as my inspiration.

I even decorated the envelope to match!
And the inside of the card:

Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Picture This, Kind & Caring Thoughts (SU)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Whisper White cardstock, Old Olive, Welcome Neighbor DSP (SU)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Summer Sun (SU)
Accessories: Scalloped Edge, Small Heart, Heart to Heart punches (SU)

3 comments:

Ted said...

Jessica, I love these colors. I would never think orange and green would look this great, but you REALLY pull it off. I love the balance of the card as well. Thanks for taking part in my challenge! :)

Karen B. said...

Such a pretty card, with lots of meaning for your mom.

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey I loved the card, love Mom