Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two challenges, one card

I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch (WSC53) and this week's SCS colour challenge (CC171).

It's hard to see, but the black is embossed with clear powder. I really need a Cuttlebug, as it was screaming to be embossed ;)

I love how the French Script background stamp looks on the Kraft paper! I used Soft Sky ink on the Kraft as well.

I cut around the stamped flower image, and then cut around it again in Soft Sky and Basic Black to "mat" the flower. I spun each layer, to create a full flower. With a brad in the centre, and the edges curled up, it stands out (with some help from a couple dimensionals).

To keep the ribbon simple, I cut a small slit in the fold of the card, and wrapped the ribbon all the way around. One end is adhered underneath the flower, I left the other out, to add some interest.

Three black rhinestones completed the card. I didn't add a sentiment, although it could be a nice birthday or even sympathy card.

Note the number of blog hits. I'm working on some blog candy for the big 1000!

No comments: