Sunday, June 8, 2008

Love Birds

I had to make an anniversary card, and found this sketch by Dawn Easton on Jen's i{heart}2stamp blog. I had a hard time with this card, as I didn't know what to do around the half-circle. I settled for some white dots with my Sakura glaze pen, but I still think it's missing something. The anniversary was today, so I had to give up.

The "love birds" were the inspiration for this card. I thought they'd make a cute pair, and added the heart above them to tie it all together.

I used my blender pen and ink pads to colour the birds (I need to work on my blending!) and used markers to colour the stamps for the branches. I used my scissors to distress the edges of the stamped image, and popped it up on dimensionals.

I first stamped the heard and then covered it with copper Stickles. Oh, and I traced a CD to make the half-circle. No nesties here yet!

Stamps: Polka Dots and Paisley; Forever Love (Inque Boutique); The Aviary Assortment (Inkadinkadoo)
Paper: Creamy Carmel, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Close to Cocoa; Groovy Guava
Accessories: Soft Sky ribbon, Blender pen; Copper Stickles (Ranger), white glaze pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks great!

Shelley said...

I think it looks great. Some ideas for next time - Faux stitching around the circle, paper piercing around the outer edge of the circle or making it a scallop circle (using your 3/4" punch and putting the circles under it so it shows as half a circle. :0)