Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blog Candy Challenge

Sarah at my scrapbook table has reached 50,000 hits on her blog! She's celebrating by having a blog candy challenge for...get this...a set of nesties!!!

One part of the challenge was to create a card based on this image:
Here's what I did:

As soon as I saw her inspiration image, I thought of Groovy Guava. Not quite as pink, but that's okay! I wanted to add a bird, but I don't have any that fit the theme. I didn't have time to go shopping, so the card is bird-free! I dyed the embroidery thread with my Groovy Guava and Blush Blossom ink pads. My fingers were a wee bit stained after that!

I was originally going to use some background paper, patterned paper, and ribbon, but decided to keep it quite simple, just like the inspiration piece.

Stamps: In the Spotlight, Vases in Vogue
Paper: Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, Whisper White craft
Accessories: Flower punch, Word Window punch, Corner Rounder punch; clear buttons (Making Memories), embroidery thread

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love this...super job! Thanks for the shout-out!

Niki Estes said...

Love the colors and the flowers! So cute!