Wednesday, September 30, 2009

happy B-day

I feel like I've been away from my crafts room for so long that I'm starting anew. I had to sit down and reacquaint myself with everything. Oh, and put away a few things I've bought over the last month!

Speaking of things I've bought...

I decided I'd jump in with a sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You, Kazan's sketch #36. Most of the supplies on this card are from the Explore kit by We R Memory Keepers.

Stamps: none
Paper: Really Rust cardstock (SU), patterned paper (We R Memory Keepers)
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Spiral punch (SU), 2.5" & 3" circle punches (Marvy), stickers, ribbon
(We R Memory Keepers), brads (Karen Foster), wavy-edged scissors (Provocraft)

I'm sure I've mentioned that my crafts room is a haven for my 3.5 year-old daughter. This is a card she made for her best friend's birthday. I helped with the layout and stamping, she took over after that. We added some Stickles as a last step (she wants to use my "sparkles" on everything!)

6 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

That little card with her artwork makes for the cutest little card - what a great idea and love your card with that sketch. I love to use sketches and I always loved that paper.

cnelson said...

love the idea of your little daughter making the card for her friend...priceless! She obviously gets her skills from her mommy...your card is as cute and fun as can be!

Kim Sonksen said...

The cards are beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us

Unknown said...

both cards are great - talent runs in the fam :)
thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hi Jessica! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World!

~Cath

Emily Leiphart said...

Too cute! I love your daughter's card.