Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shabby Chic Blues

Another scrapbook layout! This one started with some Making Memories accessories I bought. I thought the blues in the photo worked well, and I started down the "shabby chic" route. The sketch is from Paper Popsicles (you may need to join to see the sketch). Like the ribbon? I've seen this done with sewing, unfortunately this ribbon came with a strip of adhesive down the middle, but it's old, so it discoloured the middle. I knew I wanted to cover it up with the white ribbon, so I just laid down a strip of red line tape, and folded the ribbon down along it. A second strip of red line adhered the white ribbon on top. I added lots of fun embellishments, adding to the shabby look.

Stamps: none
Paper: dot and flower patterned (Making Memories), white cardstock (Bazzil), teal patterned (Creative Memories)
Ink: none
Accessories: Photo corner punch, Taken with Teal marker (SU) white ribbon (Offray), buttons/butterflies/journalling circle/flower (Making Memories), flowers (Prima/unknown), blue ribbon (unknown), sewing machine (Janome)

1 comment:

Lisa Carroll said...

what an adorable layout! great colors and i love all of your shabby chic touches. great job! :)