Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dino-mite!

A friend asked me to make some bookmarks for her daughter's birthday, which is going to be held at the Royal Tyrrell Museum (= dinosaurs). I didn't have any appropriate stamps, so went with some clipart. I was happy to find an image of the Albertosaurus, which was a dinosaur similar to the T-Rex. The first was discovered in Alberta, BC (the location of the museum).

Sorry, I didn't get any close-ups. You can click on the photo for a larger view.

I printed the dinosaur image and text on a laser printer, and then watercoloured with my blender pen. I was happy to find that the ink did not smear at all! I chose the colours based on this drawing. I think Sahara Sand is the perfect colour for dinosaur skin! It's grey with a touch of green. I masked the dinosaur to stamp the grass, and added a row of dots to fill in the bottom.

You can't see, but I used my JustRite stamper to create a customized thank-you message on the back. I also laminated one of the bookmarks for the birthday girl.

Stamps: So Many Sayings (SU), Around the Farm (Penguin Pants), Small letters (JustRite), Albertosaurus clip art (Arthur's Clipart)
Paper: Whisper White (SU), brown cardstock (Bazzil), green cardstock (unknown)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, More Mustard, Really Rust, Going Grey (SU)
Accessories: Ticket corner, 1 1/4" circle punch, blender pen, hemp twine, jumbo eyelet (SU), Cropodile (We R Memory Keepers), small eyelets (misc), laminate film, Creative Station (Xyron), thick twine (unknown - from a clothing tag!)

1 comment:

kasanika said...

These are GREAT, thanks so much!!!

Bart just saw them and he screamed like a little girl (in a good way).