Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sweet Holiday Memories

Here's a card for Jen's sketch for you to try (SFYTT). I used the paper, ribbon, and glitter from Taylor at the Stamp a Sweet Impression blog.

I wanted to make a card using the goodies from Taylor, and I thought that was fitting as part of Heather's challenge, which was to make a card that incorporates something about stamping and blogging. I thought it was fitting to use a candy image, in this case because the paper, ribbon, and glitter were blog candy from Taylor! While it's fun to win some goodies, I don't think I would be nearly as craft if it weren't for the blogging world, and sites like SCS and PCP.

Make sure you visit Heather's blog and enter to win her blog candy, celebrating 5K hits in less than two months!!!

I watercoloured the image with my ink pads and blender pen, and then added loads of glitter and Crystal Effects. Do the gumdrops look like they're covered in sugar? Oh, and notice how I drew in the ground line with my black pen, so the Gingerbread Man wasn't floating in the air ;)

To get the two colours on the sentiment, I first stamped it in Close to Cocoa, then used my blender pen to remove the ink from the word "sweet". I then coloured it with my Pink Passion marker. I couldn't resist edging that in glitter too!

I used SU's watercolor paper for the image. It's great for watercolouring, but because it has a texture, the glitter likes to stick to it, even without glue!

Don't you love that patterned paper? I had to force myself to use it (Leanne, you know what I mean. Oh, and I haven't seen any blog posts from you lately. Hint, hint...)

Here's a close-up so you can see all the glitter and Crystal Effects.
Stamps: Sweet Holidays
Paper: Watercolor paper (SU), blue cardstock and patterned paper (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Pixie Pink
, Close to Cocoa (SU), Jet Black Staz-On (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Pink Passion & black journalling markers, wide oval punch, blender pen (SU), green ribbon, Fire Engine Red Glitter (Taylored Expressions)

3 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Very cute Jessica! I love all the glitter! I am a sparkle girl! I have like 12 colors of the new shimmerz on its way to me, and I can not wait to get my hot little hands on it and give it a go!

I love this image too! Great Job. I got some Water Color paper as a reward once from Stampin Up for some Demo earnings and I have yet to play with it. You have inspired me to get it out and give it a go!

Great Job Jessica, and thank you for visiting and playing! I am enjoying your blog too! :-)

You have been entered 5 more times into the Candy draw! Good luck girl!

Heather

Taylor said...

So cute, Jessica! Glad to see you're using the papers and embellishments you got in the Christmas Key Ingredients!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey there Jessica, I saw your comment on my blog. Thanks I entered your name one more time into the candy. I just got this set at a Garage sale the other day! I did not even realize I had seen it used the day before on your blog! Great Job!

Heather