Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cherry Suspension

For this card, I embossed the DSP (rather than cardstock) for a different look. The first time I embossed it, I realized that you can sand the top of the embossed image to give it a different look, but it didn't really go with this card. Of course I saved the piece for next time!

For this card, I wanted to use the suspension technique, which Beate describes in this tutorial. I used a large square scalloped punch for the window, so I could use my scalloped circle punch as the suspended image.



One thing I realized is that the floss doesn't stick to the tape very well, even if it's sticky tape. I'd use regular scotch tape to adhere the floss to the cardstock, and then sticky tape to adhere it all together.

I stamped the sentiment with Whisper White craft ink, and embossed it with clear powder. As you can see, I still have embossing issues :p

Cherry Suspension

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Polka Dots and Paisley (SU)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Summer Picnic DSP (SU)
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Only Orange, Whisper White craft (SU)
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, brads (SU); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (CB), scallop square punch (Marvy), clear embossing powder (unknown), heat tool (Marvy)


This is the final post about the contents of the stationary box. I hope you've enjoyed it!

No comments: