Monday, May 19, 2008

Colouring stamped images

My crafts room is also our spare bedroom, and as we've had a guest for the last few days, I haven't been able to do any crafting!

I snuck in this evening and decided to colour a few of the images I received from Jill. I'll use these on a card or scrapbook layout at some point, I just wanted to colour!


Each of the above was coloured with SU products and a SU Blender Pen. It's like a marker, but uses water instead of ink. It's great for spreading and blending colours.

I used Pure Color Pencils on the sweet birds nest, and couldn't resist adding some Crystal Effects to the eggs. I coloured the plant (no clue what it is, does anyone know? my best guess is thistle or garlic or something :p) with the Metallic Art Pencil Crayons. I used Watercolor Crayons in Soft Subtles for the bird (no brown, unfortunately). For the flowers, I used Classic Ink pads: with the ink pad closed, squish the top to the bottom. Then use the Blender Pen to pick up some of the ink on the inside of the lid, and colour! For the next plant (berry?) I used the Metallic pencils again. Finally, for the cute little chick, I used more Classic Ink pads (and had to give the flower centre and ladybug some dimension with more Crystal Effects!).

1 comment:

Jill said...

Your coloring is so pretty! It looks like you had fun. I'm so glad you were able to use some of the images I sent. Can't wait to see what you do with them.