Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dotty Bright Birthday

Alrighty, you'll want to put on your sunglasses for this one. Are you ready?

This card covers three challenges:

- Mellow Yellow Monday Cuttlebug Challenge
- Mojo Monday #74
- TCPTUES46: Cupcakes

I told ya!

Okay, so I started with the Mellow Yellow challenge, and I just got this yellow glitter paper as a free bonus with an order. I never thought I'd use it, but there I was, looking at it. I wasn't sure how it would emboss, but Swiss Dots worked perfectly. I knew I had to stick with the bright colours, so I dove into some paper I bought years ago. The green/pink/orange dots. Finally, a use for it!

I paper pieced the cupcake, added lots of Stickles, used a white Glaze pen for the sprinkles, and dug out a yellow Glitter Dot. One of those neat little bows finishes it off.

Stamps: Smells Like Cake (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: Whisper White (SU), DSP (Michael's), Sugar Coated paper (Doodlebug Design)
Ink: Green Galore, Only Orange (SU), Noir Black (Palette)
Accessories: Photo Corner punch, markers (SU), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Swiss Dots embossing folder, CB (Provocraft), glitter dot (Dress It Up), ribbon (Michael's), Stickles (Ranger), white Glaze pen (Sakura), pink glitter gel pen (American Crafts)

So, I went on a bit of a scrapbooking supply spree. Paper, mainly, but with lots of matching embellishments. Here's the stack:

It's hard to tell, but trust me, there's a LOT there. So, if you don't see some scrapbook pages posted here in the next couple weeks, please send me a threatening email...pretend to be from Visa ;)

ps. Check out mudmaven's blog for some candy!

8 comments:

Ms. Crafty If You're Nasty said...

first of all, i need to stop reading your blog in a blog reader, because i love your new template! super cute...

secondly, if you wouldn't mind sending me the same threatening emails in kind re: scrapbooking, that would be appreciated... so many pretty things ordered, but i worry my motivation will fall to the wayside...

Yankee in England said...

What a fun bright card! Great way to combine the sketches.

Olena said...

Nice card! Love it! Great job!!! ~Olena~

elizabeth said...

I love your card - it's so bright and happy that it would make anybody smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica! Great job on incorporating all 3 challenges. Love the bright, sparkly card! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge!

http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Hugs

~Spike

Leanne said...

What a classic "Jessica" card! The colours and techniques...... I need you to come over so I can get back into it. I have great intentions and then start looking at Blogs and never get to card making! By the way, why am I denied access to The Muckers blog?! What have I done?!

Karrie Baker said...

So bright & cheerful! Thanks for playing!!

Carol said...

OMG! three challenges in ONE card, how PERFECT! :) I also did a MELLOW YELLOW challenge so I appreciate your use of yellow; your card looks so FESTIVE and everything comes together so nicely! great job!