Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wishing You Peace (and a tip)

I made this card based off of the sketch for TCP Tuesday (TCPTues35), which is hosted by Leigh O'Brien this week (check out her adorable card for the challenge!).

I started by choosing the square scalloped punch, as I wanted this to be a quick card (wishful thinking). Then I chose the stamp, which is the cute dove from Elegant Christmas. I decided to use the polka dot ribbon, which helped me choose my colours. Not a combination I'd normally go with, but I kinda like it! (By the way, I really like how Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise look together - nice, hey?)

I made my own background paper using the flourish/snowflakes stamps from the same set, stamping each image twice, without reinking in between, to get a variation in the colours.

For the green panel, I inked the sentiment first with Versamark, then with Green Galore ink. I used just Versamark for the snowflakes, and embossed them all with clear EP.

Here's another angle, to see all the embossing.Stamps: Elegant Christmas (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: Real Red, Green Galore, Temping Turquoise, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise
(SU), Versamark
Accessories: scalloped edge punch (SU), Stickles, clear embossing powder (Ranger) square scalloped punch (Marvy), corner rounder punch (EK Success), ribbon (Michael's), brad


And here's my tip for the day. If you make a card, and add lots of Stickles, don't leave it on your desk, right where your arm will brush up against it, and smear half of the Stickles. Yes, I am speaking from experience. The ONLY thing that saved me from a major meltdown was the fact that when wet, Stickles can be wiped off, without leaving a trace behind. I managed to wipe off all the smeared dots, and replace them. Whew!

4 comments:

Vicki G said...

This is very beautiful!

Vicki

Leanne said...

Love this one. I love the stamps... I made a card tonight, hopefully will post it this weekend.

Kathryn said...

Such a pretty card -- love the colors and the image is gorgeous! :)

Leigh OBrien said...

Very pretty and non-traditional. Wonderful...thanks for playing, Jessica!