Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mellow Bird

This card is for Beate's weekend sketch #59. I knew I wanted to use the Basic Grey paper (from the Mellow line), so I started with that. The paper reminds me of Autumn, and warm cardigans, so that was the "theme" I decided to use.

I stamped the Linen background stamp on the card base, then cut my three strips of patterned paper. I hand stitched them for some interest, and wrapped the polytwill ribbon around. I paper-pieced the bird, and snipped out the sentiment (the inside of the card says "it's your birthday!"). A felt flower and brad, as well as some hemp twine and a charm finish it off.

Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, Linen
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi (SU), Basic Grey
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi (SU)
Accessories: Scallop punch, polytwill ribbon, hemp twine (SU), Versamark, clear embossing powder, felt flower, brad, charm, thread (unknown)
Techniques: paper- piecing

2 comments:

Beate said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Julia Aston said...

Fun fall card - love that DP and faux stitching!