Saturday, August 9, 2008

For a Friend

I just couldn't pack up the crafts room without one more card. Okay, two more! I stayed up until 2am last night, pushing myself to actually use my supplies, and enjoy it while I can! We move in exactly two weeks, so I imagine it will be at least three before I'll be able to dirty up my stamps again :(

Here's the first card, based on Heather's Color vs. Sketch challenge (HMSC5) and (HMCC2). I tried to follow both, although I varied the colours just a bit (white instead of Vanilla, and I don't have a Taken with Teal marker, so I used Tempting Turquoise).

The card base is embossed with the D'Vine Swirls CB folder. I used my markers to colour the stamp, and then "huffed" to moisten the ink before I stamped it. I hand drew a little border, inspired by Mary's border on this card.

I punched a small hole on either side of the sentiment, and ran the ribbon behind it. The ribbon is not SU, but I think it matches Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink perfectly! The green layer needed something, so I added a few white rub-ons. Three brads in the top right corner complete the look.

Stamps: For a Friend (SU)
Paper: Chocolate Chip & Whisper White, Summer Picnic & Bali Breeze DSP
Ink: none
Accessories: Love & Happiness rub-ons, markers, brads (SU); corner rounder punch (EK Success), 1/16" hole punch (Fiskars), D'Vine Swirls CB folder, vine rub-ons (Kaiser), ribbon (American Crafts)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love the details and your colors! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing!

Heather R.
H&M Stamps