Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flowered Congratulations

Still on the Mojo Monday turns 100 train. This is day 3. I'm also still on the rub-ons kick, so I used a lot on this card.

I layered a bunch of brown and white rub-ons, but obviously the white ones didn't show up on the white paper. I stamped some small flowers in the two shades of blue, then sponged over the entire thing with the lighter blue (Soft Sky). I'm really happy with how it looks! I like the white border around each rub-on. It really defines them well.

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, French Script (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky cardstock, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky textured cardstock, Soft Sky DSP (SU), brown textured cardstock (Bazzil)
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou (SU)
Accessories: Hidden Garden rub-ons, Scalloped Edge punch, sponge (SU), pearls (Kaiser)


I've also been decorating the inside of my cards lately, here's what I did for this one:
Ask me why I have a mirror image of the script-stamped/scalloped edge white piece cardstock that I used on the front of the card. Go ahead, ask me.

That's right, because I stamped it the wrong way the first time. It was supposed to go on the front of the card, so I needed the scallops to point to the right. But the text was upside-down. Oops!

Ask me what's on the back of the same piece. Yup, you guessed it. More script stamp, STILL upside down! Luckily I was able to use it on the inside.

I'm happy to say that this card is for an upcoming wedding. So I've managed to make a card for an occasion, an entire MONTH before I need it, rather than an hour before!

No comments: