Sunday, March 15, 2009

D is for...

Da nephew.

(Sorry, inside joke. You had to be there)

Anyway, yes, I have a new baby nephew, and wanted to make something for his room. Using the Jack's World collection from Cosmo Cricket, I decorated this frame and letter "D". These items also work for the Cosmo Cricket challenge over at Paper Popsicles!

I wanted to keep it simple, so I painted the frames (mixing the paints to get the right colour of teal) and then sanded the edges a bit. I chose two of the papers from the collection, and used Mod Podge to adhere them. I also gave them two good coats on top, to protect and give some shine and texture.

I used two of the blackboard pieces with matching stickers, as well as a sticker with the cutest sentiment. Finally I added a sweet little star beside the sentiment. I used my staple gun to attach ribbon to the back, so they can be hung on his wall.

Stamps: none
Paper: Jack's World patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: none
Accessories: Jack's World blackboard and stickers (Cosmo Cricket), acrylic paints (Aleene's and Americana), vanilla ribbon (SU), star (unknown), frame, letter (Michael's), Mod Podge (Plaid)


{Don't forget about the blog candy here (deadline is March 15, 2009 at 11:59 pm -- TONIGHT!). If you've posted about it on your blog, make sure you leave a second comment}

3 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on the new nephew. I had a new nephew this past week too. Don't you just love that Jack's World collection--it is the cutest! I also had to use a piece for the card I made for my new nephew. Great minds think alike, eh? Anyway, cute projects!

She's a Color Queen said...

That is adorable!! I love that collection, the critters are so cute!

care_bear said...

Very Cute Jess....What is his name by the way?