Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Holiday Hello

You MUST check out this recipe on Julie's blog, Paper Pleasing Ideas. Yum, yum, yum! I'm definitely making some this year.

So anyway, I've got a card in the works, but it involves a lot of trimming, so I put it aside for a bit, and threw this together (I'm an instant gratification kinda gal).
I stamped the poinsettia with VersaMark, and then dumped on Heat and Stick powder and heated it up. It makes a kind of glue so that you can add glitter (and it will stick). I sprinkled red glitter in the middle, and then (what I thought was) bronze glitter on the leaves. I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark, and covered with black embossing powder. Then I just heated the whole thing.

So it turns out I have bronze embossing powder, NOT bronze glitter. Oh well, it still worked.

TIP: After you load your stamp with VersaMark, load it with an ink that matches your embossing powder (so stamp in VersaMark, then immediately stamp in your ink - the VersaMark won't damage your ink pad, and you'll have a coloured sticky image!). That way, once you emboss it, if you miss a few tiny spots, you won't be able to see them! I did NOT do that here (for the sentiment) and I wish I did.

To finish it off, I edged the panel with a metallic leafing pen, and mounted it on a white cardstock base. It almost looks like a single layer card!

Stamps: Elegant Christmas (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: Whisper White (SU)
Ink:
VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Heat and Stick powder (SU), Copper Leafing Pen (Krylon), black embossing powder (Ranger), red glitter, bronze embossing powder (unknown)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh, purty & very classy!!